Thursday 8 November 2012

Baby Hair Bow and Clip Holder

My best friend Caitlin has a little niece named Miriam, and since I'm a honorary auntie I have been making her little hair clips/bows for her headbands since she was born. Anyways, I was perusing Pinterest and kept seeing many different types of clip/bow holders and since Miriam's bows/clips were being stored in a container on her dresser I decided that she needed one! I though to myself, "Miriam's mom Becky could hang the holder on the wall and put all her clips on the one holder, making it easy to pick out the right one to match Miriam's little outfits". Since my friend Caitlin is the most uncrafty person I have ever met, I enlisted her to help hoping it would bring her over the the dark side. She agreed to help, but I suspect only because it was something super cute for her niece. Steps on how we created the cute little holder is below the picture.
Baby Bow and Hair Clip Holder
Baby Bow and Hair Clip Holder





























  1. We made a trip to Michaels and purchased a unfinished large wood frame that was on clearance for $7.00, unfinished wood letters, unfinished wood "cups",  ribbon (we had 50% off coupons), sparkles, and little embellishments from the scrapbooking section.    
  2. We painted the frame, letters, and little wood cups (the dark pink/purple things at the bottom of the holder) with watered down acrylic paint that we loaded with many different types of sparkles. It took only two coats to cover the unfinished wood because it was a lighter wood. 
  3. After everything was dry we measured and cut the ribbon to the right length and hot glued them to the back of the frame. 
  4. We glued the letters onto the top of the frame with hot glue.
  5. We screwed the little "cups" to the bottom of the holder, these "cups" would be used for hanging Miriam's little crochet headbands. 
  6. We decorated the ribbon with little sunflower and heart embellishments and placed the butterflies and hearts on the holder.
We didn't stop at just the bow holder, we decided to make a bunch of cute little rose clips and another flower clip for Miriam. They are the ones in the picture. I will put up a tutorial on how to make them on a later date. My cousin just had a little girl, so I will be making more clips very shortly :).

Thank-you for reading!

- Kristen

3 comments: