Wednesday 28 November 2012

Button Christmas Ornament

So I had a ton of buttons left over from the button tree I created awhile back, so I decided to do a button Christmas ornament! It is by far the busiest ornament on my Christmas tree, but I LOVE IT for that exact reason. Anyways, here it is hung on the Christmas tree, I had to hang it up super high so Tidus the Christmas decoration destroyer didn't get it.


Button Christmas Ornament

To make this busy ornament you will need:

  1. Styrofoam Ball - I bought mine on ebay for $5 with shipping, and got a pack of 10 6cm styrofoam balls.
  2. Buttons - I got these buttons a long time ago and they came in a tub from Michaels, but you can use any  buttons you want.
  3. Pearl headed pins - Every place has them I got these ones from Dollarama.
  4. Ribbon

First thing I did was put the ribbon, to hang the ornament, on the ball with a pin. I then went back after and put a button between the pin and the ribbon so you don't see the ribbon.


 
 I then placed buttons on the styrofoam ball securing them each with two pins. Some of the buttons I stacked on top of each other as you can see in the pics above, other I didn't stack. Keep going until you have covered the entire ball. It is pretty forgiving so keep going until you like the look and don't worry about placing buttons over other buttons.

VOILA! A Button Christmas Ornament! 

I love making Christmas Ornaments and I have two more on the go right now. Stay tuned! 

Thank-you for reading.

-Kristen

3 comments: